I guess it's my turn to update [:
For the first time in my schooling life, I've gotten a grade higher than a C in a math class. It feels nice and surreal. It may not seem like a big achievement but it feels like it to me...math is definitely something I've struggled with all my life. The struggle isn't over for me, yet, but I see that I'm much closer to actually completing it and transferring, yay. I have to give major credit to Jake for helping me and dealing with my frustration with math, which I'm sure I've taken out on him at least once. I don't think I would have gotten here without his encouragement and without a much better teacher/structured class this semester. So yeah. Woo. I've spent a lot of time on it this semester, which is also new. One night it's an all-nighter with algebra, the next with figure drawing. Hahaa.
I've been reading this book Julie gave me last year for my birthday, Women Who Run With The Wolves. It's totally not what I was expecting (come to think of it, I don't even know what I was expecting) but it's really interesting. It's also been a bit creepy because every time I pick it up and read it, it touches on something that's been going on with me inside emotionally or in my life in a way that I'd felt, but been unable to consciously form a thought about.
Last Sunday I saw my second Cirque du Soleil (Quidam) with my family (thanks to Elyse and April for the Christmas gift!). It was awesome. I left feeling energized and inspired. I asked Steve if, instead of paying for me to go to college, if he'd want to chip in on me going to circus school? He laughed...I guess that means no. I kind of regretted not realizing sooner in life that performing in a circus like that is totally something I'd want to do...in addition to being an artist. Oh well, another dream life.
Spring Break is the end of this week and I'm so sosososo glad. I don't really have plans beyond going to Santa Cruz with Julie. Monica called me so I may have to go see her, too.
Okay well I suppose that's it for now :]
yay!! congrats on the math thing! I TOTALLY relate to your aversion to it. Anotnia and I ALWAYS talk about how we both have this really intense anxiety around math. I seriously still do, even the simplest equations send me in a panic so much that my mind basically turns of and refuses to do them. So, I think you are very brave for taking that on. I haven't read this yet, but Antonia sent it to me and said it seriously helped her with her math anxiety: http://www.mathacademy.com/pr/minitext/anxiety/ so you should check it out too! (& eventually I'll get around to reading it also).
ReplyDelete<3 <3 MISS YOU
yay! I'm glad we are all using this blog :] I think you're math grade is a big achievement! I'm glad you're getting something out of that book. I was a little worried giving it to you since I had no idea what it'd be like either, but when it popped up on amazon and the description seemed to match the way you describe werewolves, I thought 'I need to get this for her'.
ReplyDeletePursuing a circus career sounds so scary, but it's something I've kept in the back of my head since my love for contortion began. Maybe we should run away to the circus together! =P
Yeah thanks guys :D
ReplyDeleteBriana, I'll have to check that site out soon. It seems promising ^_^
And Julie, I'll totally run away to the circus with you!
dude, math is the worst. I felt really lucky here that I got around taking legitimate math and could take astronomy instead. It was so much better. BUT! I am proud of you and your achievements! It's really the best thing in the world to feel proud of what you produce, even if it isn't your special area, yknow?
ReplyDeleteALSO, i totally dig the circus, soo freakin cool. I can actually see you doing that sort of stuff... there was a Francesca Lia Block book about the circus and there was this one acrobat in it that always made me think of you when I read it... anyway, I hope your spring break is good, I'm missing you out here.