So I was sick all weekend... didn't do anything but lay in bed and watch television which is so abnormal for me... but now it's back to the school-life grind and I'm just getting through it. I am writing a paper on Mrs Dalloway, a novel by Virginia Woolf that I think you all should read if you haven't. I think it's one of the saddest, but truest depictions of the human life span I have ever read. Anyway:
"The word 'time' split its husk; poured its riches over him; and from his lips fell like shells, like shavings from a plane, without his making them, hard, white, imperishable words, and flew to attach themselves to their places in an ode to Time; an immortal ode to Time."
It's very great. Also! I love this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqtlcHiSHTE
Yay! First blog :D
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better soon if you haven't.
I skimmed the wikipedia article about that book. I'll have to add it to my "to-read" list.
The music video for that song was pretty sweet too :]
I am sorry to hear you're sick and I hope you're better soon!
ReplyDeleteWhen I visited Reed I sat in on a class about the Bloomsbury Group, and they spent the whole class talking about this book I think. All I remember is that it was really interesting. I'll have to get a copy to read!
I'm really excited to have a blog we can all post to :D
Eeeee! I love this too. I think it's such a better way for us to stay connected and share what we are interested in than say, facebook... it's also special and somewhat personal because it's not like anyone else but us would care about it...
ReplyDeleteit makes me so happy!! :D
Yay! I am happy this blog is happening :) and for book recommendations and good music :)
ReplyDeletehope you've returned to health